Theresa provides a unique combination of creative energy and clinical expertise, which is reflected in the depth and quality of her work. She is able to effectively convey concepts and content using a variety of humor, illustrations, verbal or written media. As a consultant, she is easy to work with, always professional, and reliably provides deliverables on schedule
Lynne K Lyons, MPH, RD, CDE
Scientific Affairs Manager Scientific Affairs Department
Abbott Diabetes Care
Looking for a diabetes expert or diabetes spokesperson to provide advice, opinion, counsel, or to represent your brand in the media? Theresa adds value through her unique blend of experience as a seasoned diabetes nurse educator along with media expertise. She is also an artist and graphic designer who understands both the business of diabetes and the patient perspective.
Theresa enjoys the synergy of collective brainpower needed to make the world a better place for people with diabetes and their care providers.
Examples of her work include:
- Curriculum designer and part of the faculty for UCSF’s Diabetes Subspecialty Academic Minor’s 30 unit CME online certificate program.
- Design winner and ongoing consultant for a global diabetes care medical device manufacturing company.
- Innovator for a social media based diabetes education program.
- Co-creator of a national retail pharmacy diabetes program pilot.
- Founder of a multi-affiliate healthcare diabetes network comprised of multidisciplinary professionals working with pediatrics, adults, and women with diabetes. The network spanned over 20 hospitals in Northern California in inpatient and outpatient settings and physician offices.
- Clinical advisory board member for a blood glucose monitoring system.
- Proven track record with the administration of national diabetes education recognition requirements.
- Writer, photographer, and image content creator for a university-based pediatric diabetes website.
- Sought-after keynote speaker and health entertainer for diabetes conferences and corporate functions.
- Opinion leader in program and product design.