As a Registered Dietitian working in patient and employee education and training I’ve put together many programs, so over my career I have seen many good presenters. Every now and then you get the pleasure to experience a great speaker. One who stands out. One that the audience remembers as being special. Above the norm. A memorable presentation that stays with you. One such speaker is Theresa Garnero. She is on point. Professional, yet relaxed and entertaining. I’ve seen her speak to lay audiences and professional colleagues. She knocks it out of the park every time.
Kevin L Rayburn, RD
Theresa speaks to groups as small as ten and as large as several thousand. She gives regular keynote addresses across the United States to healthcare professionals and patients alike. She is an engaging public speaker and often gets feedback for having the best slides.
Her favorite topics include:
- Dance and diabetes: an innovative approach to prevention, management and ongoing support.
- Using therapeutic humor as a strategy with self-care behaviors.
- Providing cultural sensitive diabetes care and education for the LGBT community.
- Diabetes basics: what is it and what next?
- Crafting a seminar to meet the needs of your group.
A partial, and somewhat obnoxiously long list of lectures:
- American Diabetes Association Annual (ADA) Meeting, So You Think You Can Dance event, San Francisco, CA
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE), San Francisco, CA
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE), annual conferences (multiple)
- AADE, Cycloset, Las Vegas, NV
- AADE, St. Louis, MO
- AADE, leadership conference, Chicago, IL
- AADE webinar, therapeutic humor
- ADA, Kansas City, MO; Pensacola, FL; Santa Clara, CA
- American Lung Association, Monterey, CA
- Association of Diabetes Educators of Utah, St. Lake City, UT
- Borgess Diabetes Center, Kalamazoo, MI
- California Central Coast AADE, Monterey, CA
- Capital Association of Diabetes Educators, Washington DC
- Central Arizona Association of Diabetes Educators, Phoenix, AZ
- Certified Diabetes Outpatient Educators Annual Symposium, Warwick, RI
- Coastal Carolina Association of Diabetes Educators, Greenville, NC
- FROMM Institute for Lifelong Learning at the University of San Francisco, CA
- Golden State Diabetes Network, La Jolla, CA
- Greater Augusta Diabetes Educators, Augusta, GA
- Greenville Memorial Hospital, Greenville, SC
- Hawaii Association of Diabetes Educators, Honolulu, HI
- International Society of Humor Studies, Long Beach, CA
- Jacksonville Association of Diabetes Educators, Jacksonville, FL
- Los Angeles County, CA
- LifeScan, Milpitas, CA
- Maryland Association of Diabetes Educators, Baltimore, MD
- Michigan Organization of Diabetes Educators, Flint, MI
- Minneapolis-St. Paul Diabetes Educators, Minneapolis, MN
- Montana Diabetes Prevention and Control Program, Billings, MT
- New York Diabetes Educator of Lower Hudson Valley, NY
- North-Eastern Ohio AADE, Cleveland, OH
- San Francisco Bay Area Association of Diabetes Educators, Oakland, CA
- Shands Diabetes Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Josephs Medical Center Regional Cancer Center, Concord, CA
- Tri-State Association of Diabetes Educators, Philadelphia, PA
- University of Irvine, Annual Collaborative Diabetes Education Conference, Irvine, CA
- Upper Piedmont Association of Diabetes Educators, Spartanburg, SC
- Washington Association of Diabetes Educators, Tacoma, WA
Read other testimonials.