What do you call a leader like Theresa? Who comes in with impressive credentials and proves that it’s the person behind the degrees that shines? Yes, she has crazy skills, but it was her brilliance, warmth, humor, creativity and especially openness that made my time working with her continue to glow. Honestly, how often does a boss, “get” you in a way that not only brings out your best, but leaves you laughing?
Karen Weissmann, LCSW, CDE
What talented minds have you assembled for your diabetes group?
Whether local, national or international, Theresa brings a clinically sound and global viewpoint with an eye on keeping it real for people living with diabetes.
A few of these organizations and groups (and her role), listed alphabetically:
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (National Educator of the Year: 2004-2005), Board of Directors, speaker, local chapter president
- American Diabetes Association (author, speaker)
- Dance Out Diabetes (founder)
- Defeat Diabetes Foundation (columnist, cartoonist)
- Diabetes and Gays (Board of Directors)
dLife (script writer, columnist, cartoonist)
- Global Inspired by Diabetes (healthcare winner)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (walk leader)
- Rome’s AIDID, Organo Dell’Associazione Italiana per La Difesa Degli Interessi Dei Diabetici (collaboration and cartoonist)
- Several international diabetes organizations (diabetes cartooning)