Theresa has always had a gift for making health education fun and interesting. As a writer and illustrator, she manages to find a fresh spin on even the most mundane topics. Her expertise as a clinician and health educator shines through in her ability to connect with a broad audience and convey technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms.
She is also the consummate professional; in the eight years I worked with her at dLife, Theresa never missed a deadline and always provided thoughtful, actionable feedback in her role as a medical advisory board member. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a smart, forward-thinking healthcare communicator.
Editor, Writer, Producer
Former Chief Content Officer – dLife
Former Executive Producer – dLifeTV
Diabetes concepts can be complex. It takes a special talent to get the concept and create the desired communication for your audience in a friendly, positive tone. This applies to people with diabetes, their families, and diabetes care providers.
*Who are the learners or targeted recipients?
*What are the main points?
*What outcome or experience do you hope to achieve?
Several diabetes companies and organizations have hired Theresa to create visually inviting and impactful education materials. Many are repeat customers. For printed materials, you will find ample white space and appropriate use of high-quality icons and graphics. No need to worry about reaching a low literacy audience as Theresa has much experience in this domain.
For audiovisual products, you will find the content delivered in a polished and professional manner.
Examples of curriculum design:
- Sweet People Club (an online diabetes prevention & management program)
- University of the Pacific’s Benerd College Diabetes Essentials for Clinicians and Non-Clinicians
- University of the Pacific’s Diabetes Care and Management program (a 5-unit didactic course, hybrid online and campus based with practicum)
- UCSF’s online diabetes CME certificate program
- My Diabetes Tutor
- KingFit mobile app for diabetes education
- Prepare for national accreditation or recognition of your diabetes program (ADA or ADCES / AADE)
- One-page handout: stand alone or an entire set
- Update your diabetes education slides
- PowerPoint slides and curriculum (several have said they’ve never had such stunning slides!)
- Product brochure
- Comprehensive diabetes education workbook
- Custom diabetes graphics or cartoons to go with existing materials
- Personalized goal worksheet
- Diabetes videos
- Content and articles for websites
- Text messages to inspire behavior change